My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday Links (8/23)

So I had signed up for the all-important Obama vice presidential text message announcement -- mostly because I wanted to feel like I was on the cusp of the information super highway, but also because I really like text messaging. So, of course, I go out of town, forget my cell charger, my battery dies, and it's all for nothing. On the upside, he chose Joe Biden -- thus giving my home state of Delaware its first moment of notoriety since the signing of the Constitution.

Today's links...

The New York Times has a story on Knowshon Moreno. I love that the writer clearly had a terrible phone interview with Knowshon -- who isn't much for interviews -- and so he decided to write his whole story pretty much about the fact that Knowshon doesn't like interviews. I think this is one of my biggest pet peeves with the media. Knowshon makes your job hard, so that's the story that gets written. Truth is, Knowshon is outgoing, fun, talkative -- just not with reporters. So why do reporters keep writing about how he doesn't want to talk? Drives me crazy. Anyway, it's rare I get to call out the NYT for bad journalism, but this is simply lazy reporting and lazier writing.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press writes that head coach Mark Richt put the Dawgs back to work at Friday's practice.

The AJC's Chip Towers blogs about former Bulldogs now in the NFL and has a story on new left tackle Kiante Tripp.

Chip also has a story comparing this year's Georgia team to the one in 1980. Man, Chip's been busy.

Ms. Jenna Marina has a story on Kevin and Drew Butler.

Two Georgia golfers are making names for themselves at Pinehurst.

Some guy with a dead cell phone wrote a story on how the freshmen handle the first week of school.

Sadly, things aren't looking too promising for D.J. Shockley at Falcons camp.

Bleacher Report has a college football quiz for you.

And finally, our college football season preview came out today. I highly suggest picking up a copy of today's Telegraph if you can. It's chock full of helpful info for the season. If you're not able to, however, you can find online versions of my stories on the defensive depth, Knowshon's new role, the ridiculously tough schedule and the deep corps of wide receivers, as well as Josh Kendall's coda at the Telegraph on Matthew Stafford.

1 comment:

Jim Ludes said...

Sweet- Butt Head's kid, little butt head, is following in his footsteps. Man, people in Chicago love Kevin Butler.