My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Links 2008

It's hard to believe we've come to the end of 2008 already. What a year. I upgraded from living in Kentucky to living in Athens. I upgraded at least two notches on my belt due to the proximity of delicious southern comfort food. And I downgraded the number of times I've gone to the gym. And like every year, the Cubs broke my heart, Syracuse football stunk, and the Eagles are no doubt setting me up for a winter of misery. Good times.

Before we bid adieu to '08 though, here's a final batch of New Year's Eve links...

-- Much like Georgia has with the Tech loss, Michigan State is using their disappointing season finale as motivation this week.

-- The Detroit News looks at the sad state of affairs in Michigan off the field.

-- Georgia's players aren't too concerned about the rings Georgia Tech gave out commemorating their victory over the Bulldogs.

-- Chip Towers looks back on five plays that defined Georgia's season. I wish I had thought of doing this story first.

-- Get your criticisms ready: Bleacher Report breaks down the Cap One Bowl.

-- The Lansing paper offers one more stunning contrast in perceptions of this game for the two teams.

-- No year should end without a good story about a zebra. Also, where do you think you go to apply for a zebra permit? I've actually been considering purchasing a giraffe, so I'll probably need to go to the same office.

OK, well I hope you all have a fun, festive and -- most importantly -- safe New Year's Eve. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, and make sure you have someone lined up to post your bail long before kickoff. I'll be back with live updates from the game tomorrow, but in the meantime, I think this video is the perfect way to count down to the Cap One Bowl and the start of a very fine 2009.


1 comment:

Bernie said...

DH - you're officially banned from YouTube for 6 months.

But Happy New Year anyway. See ya tomorrow.