My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Links (8/14)

If you're reading this, congratulations. You're reading my 100th blog post since starting here!!! That means you're the winner of a brand new... ummm... OK, I got nothing.

In any case, here are a few links while I search for a broom to bring with me to the Braves-Cubs game tonight...

ESPN's Chris Low says Georgia isn't ruling out any options at left tackle. I tend to agree, but my guess is a few of those options the Dawgs aren't ruling out should still be considered loooooong shots.

Sanford Knows Best has a guess at what the O-line will look like in Week 1.

The AJC's Jenna Marina has an excellent piece on Georgia's early enrollees.

The Sporting News has a story about Georgia's path to being preseason favorites -- and how the Dawgs didn't make many friends along the way.

The AJC's Chip Towers has an interesting blog update on UGA AD Damon Evans.

Pool stories from Wednesday morning's "practice" from the AJC, the Red & Black, Access North Georgia and UGA's official Web site. Oh, and the Gators have a UGA swimming update, too.

Georgia's women's soccer team is ranked in the top 20 and landed two players on the preseason All-SEC roster.

An incoming UGA freshman won a bronze in Beijing.

UGA recruit Toby Jackson is getting ready for prep school, writes the AJC's Michael Carvell.

Georgia Sports Blog confirms that UGA-ASU tickets are sold out ... sort of.

Bleacher Report gives praise to Mark Richt.

USA Today has a look at the great QBs coming to the SEC.

If you haven't already, make sure you read ESPN the Magazine's feature on Knowshon.

In honor of the game's 20th anniversary, take a look through each of the John Madden Football covers.

If you didn't like my story about John Knox today, I highly recommend David Paschall's story about Knox in the Chattanooga Times Free Press. This is a lot like when "Deep Impact" and "Armageddon" came out at the same time. I'd like to think my story is more Morgan Freeman than Ben Affleck though.

And finally, if you haven't read SI's Great Conference Debate yet, please do. Then when you're done, please head over to Stewart Mandel's Conference Showdown. It's a fun bit of trash-talking for college football fans, and more importantly, it's for a good cause -- with contributions going to public schools through DonorsChoose.org. Please take a look.

4 comments:

Chuck said...

Just wanted to say that you are doing an excellent job. When I heard that Ching was being moved off of the UGA beat, I was disappointed, but you have actually managed to improve upon what he had been doing, in my opinion.

Keep up the excellent work.

Anonymous said...

Hi David:

We all loved Ching, and we were sad to see him go. His blog was the best thing going, in my opinion.

But let em say that your blog has been top notch as well. We appreciate the work you do.

Anonymous said...

Uhhh...I meant "let ME say" not "let em say". Sorry...

David Hale said...

I'm happy with anyone saying it! Thanks guys!