My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

So long, Josh

I just wanted to take a quick minute to post something because yesterday was Josh Kendall's last day with The Telegraph.

I know many of you have been reading his work for a decade or more, and since I first moved to Georgia three years ago, I've done the same. I covered UGA for two years at the Albany Herald, and while I'd like to think I did a pretty good job given the limitations of the position, I never had any doubt that Josh was the best reporter on the beat.

During SEC Media Days last week, I sat and chatted with Josh in the lobby of the Wynfrey Hotel one night, and he literally said hello to almost everyone who walked by. He knew them all -- from reporters, to coaches, to various school staff... everyone.

Obviously, as a journalist, I pay close attention to what's going on around the newspaper industry, and I'm always saddened to see a good reporter leave. That seems to be happening a lot lately. But I think Josh's loss is a particularly big one for Georgia fans.

Having said that, I look at the work he has done over the years, and consider it a challenge to live up to that standard. I think it will probably be an impossible standard at times, but however large the shoes I have to fill, I'm glad to have the opportunity to do it.

In any case, I just wanted to use this space to thank Josh for all the work he's done, and hope you'll use the comments section here to do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a classy tribute - nice job. Josh has always been a tremendous reporter - even when he stuck on a desk at one of Uncle Billy's plantations :-)
Where's he off to? I hope he's not leaving newspapers ... that would be a shame.

ctrosecrans said...

there's not a better person in the biz than josh kendall. i'm honored to call him a friend and a mentor.