My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Week 1 Lines Up

Lines for Week 1 games are posted at VegasInsider.com , but nothing for the Georgia game (UPDATE: No UGA line since GSU is I-AA, my bad). Some interesting opening odds though:

Vandy getting 1.5 vs. Miam Ohio... poor Vandy

South Carolina is giving 13 to NC State

Michigan hosts Utah and is giving just 7 with the ghosts of App St still lingering

Ole Miss gives 10 to Memphis

Oregon gives 10.5 to Washington

UAB is a 15-point dog at home to Tulsa

My old friend (and former UGA writer for the Albany Herald) Colin Chmielewski will be happy to see Minnesota a 10-point favorite. Probably won't happen again this year.

Virginia Tech is giving 11.5 at East Carolina... my buddy, a Tech grad, calls this line "scary."

Florida is giving 27 to Hawaii... I'm sure this is the proverbial "pickle jar" argument. You know, Georgia already loosened Hawaii up for them.

USC is giving 17 at Virginia

Clemson is giving 5 to Alabama (I think I like Bama here. Tide might be my surprise SEC team this season)

Auburn gives 27.5 to La-Monroe

Kentucky gets 3 at Louisville... this should be an intriguing Week 1 game, too.

NOTE: As a matter of keeping my job, etc., I remind you that all discussion of odds here are for informational/entertainment purposes only, and I do not encourage you to gamble at all, especially if you are as bad at it as I am.

No comments: