My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday Links

Some reading for your Wednesday...

Members of Georgia's track and field teams took home two gold medals and one silver at the NACAC Athletic association Under-23 Championships in Mexico.

Bleacher Report ranks the level of job security for SEC coaches . I don't think there's a very good chance there will be any coaching vacancies at the end of the year, but I agree with BR that if there is one, it will probably be at Tennessee. I also wouldn't be completely surprised if Steve Spurrier decides South Carolina is a lost cause after another sub-par year.

Among other notes, the AJC's Tony Barnhart writes that the much talked about Alabama-Virginia Tech game at the Georgia Dome could still happen.

From the Cullman Times, a former UGA and Georgia Southern baseball coach has joined the UAB staff.

The Telegraph's Travis Fain writes that UGA's Chapel bell will be back in place in time for football season after a trip to Ohio for repairs.

The AJC's Michael Carvell writes that a top recruit from Alabama will consider a scholarship offer from Georgia... if he's still wanted, that is.

A Tennesee Web site hails Georgia as a nearly perfect team.

The Ledger-Enquirer details the chaos Mark Richt has dealt with the past few months as he's met excited Georgia fans.

Here's my story from Richt's appearance in Columbus yesterday.

And lest any of you think I'm a hack who only writes poorly about college football, I offer my column from today's Telegraph as proof I can also write poorly about other sports.

No comments: