My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Get to Know: Jordan Love

Georgia's new recruits are just a few days away from arriving on campus to start their careers. In the meantime, we've been talking to a few of them to get to know what they're all about away from the football field. In our latest addition, I talked with defensive back Jordan Love...

David Hale: So you're just a few days from leaving for Athens. How have you been spending your time?

Jordan Love: I’ve been hanging out with a couple friends, but I moved down here last year from Baltimore, so I’m going up there to see people and stuff like that. Once I get back from there I’m going to start packing up and get ready to hit the road.

DH: Georgia's had some good luck plucking players from the Northeast region lately, but it doesn't seem like a natural place a guy from your part of the country would consider. What drew you to Georgia?

JL: It was just, I’ve always wanted to do something out of the ordinary. I wasn’t the typical guy who gets recruited by the schools in the Northeast and you go up there. It wasn’t really on my list, but when I went down to Georgia, you can’t really describe how it was. Everybody there, it’s like a family atmosphere. The coaches are one-of-a-kind. They didn’t really have to recruit me because they can just recruit players from the South, but when they came up north to recruit me, that really said something to me that they really wanted me as a player.

DH: Is there an NFL player you think your game resembles or who you really look up to?

JL: Probably (Antonio) Cromartie, because he’s kind of long like me and I just like the way he plays. He’s more of an athlete. Him and Charles Woodson.

DH: If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be?

JL: Kobe Bryant. Kobe’s the man. Everybody talks about LeBron James, but Kobe’s the man.

DH: I've spent a lot of time in Baltimore, so I may already know the answer to this, but what's your favorite meal?

JL: Any type of shrimp is my favorite – fried, scampi, baked – I just love shrimp.

DH: Not crabs?

JL: No, I definitely eat the crab legs, too. Crab cakes, crab legs, anything.

DH: You've spoken with a bunch of the players already on the team. What type of advice have they been giving you?

JL: Come in in shape and get ready by learning the playbook as much as possible. Whenever you can look at the playbook, do it, because it’s really hard to learn.

DH: Coming from Baltimore and Virginia, what worries you the most about moving to the South?

JL: The heat. And it’s a lot slower than up north. Up here you’ve got the cities and everything’s fast and up-tempo. People in the South, they’re slow, laid back. I’m always in a rush to get places, but people down there like to take their time. I guess I’ve got to get used to that.

DH: If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would it be?

JL: I think I would probably want to go to Panama. I heard it’s really cool. I like to be on the beach.

DH: What do you like to do in your free time?

JL: Play video games. That’s all we do is play video games, work out and football.

DH: Any favorite games?

JL: Call of Duty and NCAA.

DH: Do you always get to be Georgia when you're playing NCAA with your friends now?

JL: Well a couple of my friends are going to Virginia Tech and UVA, so when we play we all pick our own squads and go up against each other. And I always win.

DH: Do you see many Georgia fans up your way or do people think it's strange that you're going to play football here?

JL: When I got back from there, I was surprised how many people up here like Georgia. There’s a couple people in our neighborhood who are Georgia fans. One of my teachers went to Georgia. You would actually be surprised how many times I’ll ride around town and see people with the Gs on the back of their car or the Bulldog. So it’s pretty surprising how many people up here like Georgia.

DH: That's got to get you pretty excited to get down here and get to work, right?

JL: Definitely.

2 comments:

Hobnail_Boot said...

I think Love's going to be a very solid player for the Dawgs.

baltimore dawg said...

there are a whole lot more dawgs in baltimore than there used to be. when people see the "g" on my car (or if i'm wearing a "g" hat or something like that), no one asks me anymore why i'm a packers fan. i can't tell you how many "g" flags i've seen affixed to homes around here in the last few years.