My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Get to Know: Marlon Brown

There will be plenty of new faces in camp when Georgia opens fall practice in August. In the meantime, we're going to try to talk to as many of the new Bulldogs as possible to give you a chance to get to know a little about them away from the football field. We talked to Arthur Lynch a few weeks ago, and today, we get to know wide receiver Marlon Brown.

David Hale: What was the biggest factor in you deciding to come to Georgia?

Marlon Brown: Probably the thing that made up my mind was the people. Coach Richt and his staff did a good job of recruiting me from Day 1, and that's really what made the difference.

DH: As a kid from Memphis, was it hard to pass up the chance to go to your in-state school?

MB: It was real hard because when I was little I was a big UT fan. Growing up, I was like, I would have fun playing for UT. But things change as you get older I guess.

DH: Did you hear a lot of heckling from the Tennessee fans nearby?

MB: Yeah, big time.

DH: Do you remember one moment during your visits to Georgia where you thought, yeah, this is definitely where I want to be?

MB: I was talking to (Tavarres King) and he said the coaches act the same way, all day, every day. He said, if you weren't here, they'd be the same way, laughing, making jokes, and getting the job done. And I was like, well, I like it here.

DH: I know you play a lot of basketball, too, but aside from sports, what do you like to do for fun?

MB: Watching movies. I'm a big movie buff, and I've probably seen over 1,000 movies. I watch movies, I love to play video games, basically I'm a normal 18-year-old kid.

DH: Do you have a favorite actor or actress?

MB: My favorite actor would probably be Denzel Washington and my favorite actress is probably Halle Berry.

DH: And what's your favorite movie?

MB: Scarface. Recently I saw Dark Knight, and that was real good, I liked that.

DH: Outside from sports, if you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?

MB: Outside of sports, probably Lil Wayne. I think it would just be cool to meet the man for a good hour or two.

DH: So does that mean you're a big music buff, too?

MB: I listen to everything except for country. I just can't do it.

DH: Living in Memphis, I'm sure it's tough to get away from the country. I guess another Memphis tradition is good barbecue. What would be your perfect meal?

MB: It would probably be a steak, shrimp, potatoes and a salad.

DH: Is there an NFL player you'd say your game most resembles?

MB: I don't personally think I resemble anybody, but I've had people tell me I'm like Calvin Johnson a little bit.

DH: So if you don't pattern your game after anyone in particular, was there a player you really liked growing up?

MB: I was a big Jerry Rice fan when I was growing up. He worked hard, he was a hard worker.

DH: Well, I'm sure you've been working hard to get ready for your arrival at UGA, too. What has these past few months been like? Have you been spending more time getting ready for Georgia or trying to enjoy your last days at home?

MB: It's been both. It hasn't been tough at all. It's getting down to it and I'm excited.

1 comment:

Dr. Branch said...

We are really going to miss you, but we are very excited for you! Do what we know that you can do...make us proud!!