My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Feedbag: Robinson, Garner & Links

A couple of issues that will no doubt be the talk of the day...

Montez Robinson has been arrested again -- this time in connection with a fight that occured in October. He's being held without bond in Athens Clarke County jail.

At this point, I'm working on getting comment from the school, and I'll keep you posted as news develops.

Also, I've been asked about this a bunch... While I have not yet been able to speak to Rodney Garner directly, everything I've been told has been that he's not leaving at the moment. I know most people want to speculate that because he coached this past year without a contract and because he is not likely to be named the DC that he'll bolt, but Garner has been at Georgia for a long time, and there's a reason for that. If a better opportunity comes along, I'm sure it will be considered, but I think it is wrong to assume he'll leave just for the sake of leaving.

Anyway, as I've said before, approach rumors with caution, and I'll do my best to keep you posted on the stuff that gets beyond the "rumor" stage.

Also, my email is still down, so I have not been able to reply to anyone who has sent questions in the past 48 hours or so. Hopefully I can get it fixed today, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Now, a few links...

-- I have a story in today's Telegraph catching up with some former Bulldogs for their thoughts on the coaching changes in Athens.

-- Bulldawg Illustrated writes that, while Mark Richt did the right thing on the defensive side of the ball, he needs to make sure his philosophy on offense is correct, too.

-- Get the Picture offers a bit of reflection on the week's events.

-- Bulldog in Exile offers a fitting farewell to the departed coaches.

-- Behind the Columns looks at what might have been in a turbulent Georgia season.

-- I don't know if this will work out or not, but if the right hire is made for DC, Lucid Idiocy has a great nickname for the defense.

-- The Red & Black looks at the offseason work done by Travis Leslie to spark a strong start to this year.

-- Nick Offerman chats with GQ about his fantastic mustache.

-- "Flash Forward" is taking an extended break, and "V" is due back after "Lost" in the spring.

-- And finally, The Hollywood Reporter has a list of the 10 most watched television episodes of the past decade, and it's a surprising list. I've actually only seen two -- and I'm not proud of either one.

4 comments:

jferg said...

Hale,
I know you have 10-dozen (as my dad says) things to do....so can you put this in your tickler file?

With all the "hype" about Carlton Thomas last off-season...is there any other role, besides RB, where he could contribute? Punt Return comes to mind. Seems like a natural fit for someone with his 'quicks'.

Doug said...

Based on the list of the top 10 most watched programs, I can probably surmise why you don't want to reveal which ones you watched. But be bold - embrace the awfulness!

Anonymous said...

I think that I actually saw the first 3 on the list, and that was it. I am a little embarrassed, but I was in college.

Spin City is a great, underrated sitcom, for the M.J. Fox years. It was wretched after he left.

David Hale said...

Alright but no teasing!

I watched Joe Millionaire (I take the "I was in college" excuse too) and Grey's Anatomy (it had Kyle Chandler as a guest star and all the commercials kept talking about a "code black" and I couldn't help myself.)

OK, I will now go hide under a rock.