My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Links (2/20)

A handful of links on a slow news day (or, at least a slow football news day)...

-- Not only did former Bucs coach Jon Gruden show no interest in the Tennessee job when it was open, but now he's praising both Georgia's program and Matthew Stafford.

-- Speaking of Stafford, the Detroit Free Press says the QB would be excited to be a Lion. I think he ought to pull and Eli and force a trade to the Jets.

-- David Greene and Matt Stinchcomb paid a visit to fans in Augusta.

-- Ordinarily I would not grant such a request, but I hear you are, uh, how you say, communista simpatico, eh? (Of course, Hugo Chavez is not a Georgia fan or a communist, but I just really wanted to use a Seinfeld line here.)

-- Kelin Johnson offeres a special edition of "Kelin's Keys" that discusses Georgia's 2009 signing class.

-- Meanwhile, MaconDawg gives you all you'll need to know about new defensive tackle signee Abry Jones.

-- One of Georgia's final remaining recruits for 2009, Kwame Geathers, is expected to have a decision today.

-- Dawgs Online broke down the many problems from Georgia's loss to Auburn on Wednesday.

-- Mike Leach has signed a new contract with Texas Tech... our long national nightmare is over.

-- They didn't get Furcal. Or Burnett. Or resign Smoltz. Or ink Griffey. But the Braves finally landed Tom Glavine, so they've got that going for them, which is nice.

-- Wednesday's episode of "Lost" earned the show its highest ratings of the season.

-- And finally, here's a story about the child actors of "Slumdog Millionaire" making their first trip on an airplane to attend the Oscars. I'm sure they're lovely kids, and apparently I'm not in the majority here, but I hated this movie. It struck me as a typically simplistic film that caught on with critics simply because it had a buzz surrounding it. It reminded me a lot of "Crash" (which also won an Oscar) in that it tackled important social issues in an utterly cliched and stereotypical way. But hey, that's just me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where in that video was any praise for Stafford or Richt? I'm confused.