My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Greetings from Tuscaloosa-stan

Tuscaloosa, Ala. So I only had my car put in a boot once last night. And not by the police.

I'll get to the basketball in a second, but seriously: How is it allowable under the law for a private bank to boot cars for parking in a (supposedly) private lot on a Friday night at 10 p.m.? Well apparently it's legal, at least here, but it shouldn't be. If yours truly is a bit cranky this morning, it's because he was up too late dealing with this hassle. Come Monday morning, there will be a Seth Emerson e-mail jihad against RBC Bank, you better believe me.

The good news is I have my car intact ... or at least I did early this morning. I'll see when I get to the hotel parking lot whether it was also legal for them to boot my car in the Courtyard Marriott parking lot because I have out-of-state tags, or am missing a hub-cap, or the town of Tuscaloosa just needs more money for another Bear Bryant statue.

Sorry, rant over.

I'm headed over to Coleman Coliseum, and will update you as soon as we know about Trey Thompkins' status. He's been dealing with a toenail injury. If for some reason it's not better and the foot needs to be put in a boot, well they apparently have plenty of those around here.

3 comments:

Matt b said...

I almost killed a boot guy at Lenox Mall over Christmas.

stevo said...

Boots are the biggest scam. I used to live in Hilton Head and had my car booted in a parking lot that was empty and we were out of season. I knew the bar manager and he told me that the company would give a cut to the owner for each bill. Of course I went in and laid in to the guy. Cost me $150 plus lunch. I know how you feel Seth.

Sam, Dawg Fan said...

Methinks we are not getting the full story on the boot. It is a private lot, then maybe you should not have been parking there? Most private lots I know of have signs posted that limit who can park there.