My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Thompkins a game-time decision at Bama

I'm on the way to Tuscaloosa, but correspondent Fletcher Page reports from today's media availability that Trey Thompkins will make the trip to Tuscaloosa, but still may not play.

Thompkins, the team's leading scorer and rebounder, sat out the final stretch of Wednesday's rout of LSU because of a toenail injury.

Head coach Mark Fox said Thompkins has been cleared to play, but his status wouldn't be decided until game time. But Thompkins didn't sound too optimistic.

“Coach is giving me the freedom to dictate how I feel,” Thompkins said. “And I appreciate that from him. Right now, like I said, it’s getting better. So we’ll just see tomorrow.”

Told of Thompkins' pessimism, Fox was more upbeat.

“I don’t know about that. I wouldn’t say that," Fox said. "I would say knowing Trey it’s probably more likely he’ll play…we’ll see how he looks tomorrow.”

So at this point, I'd call Thompkins doubtful for the Alabama game.

Another injured player, freshman forward Marcus Thornton (elbow laceration) has not been cleared to play yet, according to Fox.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Thompkins seems almost brittle.