My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Swan song at home for Thompkins and Leslie?

Travis Leslie laughed when asked about it. Trey Thompkins wasn't available to the media on Tuesday, so it was left to Leslie to answer the Big Question.

Wednesday is senior night for Georgia, and Jeremy Price and Chris Barnes will be honored. But will it also be the final home game for Thompkins and Leslie?

“I wouldn’t say that," Leslie said when asked about himself. "Whatever I have planned for the future that’s up to me and my family. We’ll decide that whenever.”

But would it go through his mind on Wednesday, that this could be the final time he plays at Stegeman Coliseum?

“Definitely not. It’s their senior night,” Leslie said, nodding in the direction of Price and Barnes.

Thompkins and Leslie both explored going pro last year before electing to come back.

Draftexpress rates Leslie as the 26th overall prospect and Thompkins at 30th. NBAdraft.net projects Thompkins to go 16th overall while leaving off Leslie, apparently projecting him to wait till 2012.

Thompkins was getting treatment on his foot, according to the team, so he wasn't available for interviews on Tuesday. Leslie said he didn't know what Thompkins is planning on doing as far as the pro decision. Looking back on his own decision to return, Leslie said it's turned out as he hoped.

“I just wanted to come back and have a better season than I had last year," he said. "Just do a lot better than I did last year. I’ve been doing (that). However, you’ve just gotta keep playing hard until the season’s over.”

Georgia head coach Mark Fox said the two stars' future wasn't to be addressed yet.

“That’s something that out of respect to them and to our team will be addressed after the season," Fox said. "Those two kids are focused on winning. That’s what our focus is right now. I’ve appreciated their approach in that way.”

NCAA hopes: Not time to "relax"

I asked Fox if he felt a win against LSU would put the Bulldogs in the NCAA tournament.

“I won’t relax with just a win tomorrow,” Fox said. “Would it do it, maybe. But I wouldn’t relax with just the win tomorrow.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its funny how 2 draft projections are so drastically different. I feel as if Leslie's stock might have risen a tad since last year while Thompkins stock has dropped a handful of notches. I think both should come back but that opinion might have a hint of selfishness in it. But I think a lot of people can agree that we never thought there would be a possibility that both would be back for '12. I'm pretty confident that at least 1 will go, if not both, but I figured there would be no debating this with Thompkins when the season started.