My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Richt: 'I've coached football for 25 years, so I know what the hell I'm doing'

Mark Richt got a bit feisty in Macon last night.

It happened when the Georgia head coach was pressed by a fan during a question-and-answer period last night, as reported by The Macon Telegraph's Mike Lough:

“I’ve seen teams throw the ball and win the national championship; I’ve seen teams run the ball and win the national championship,” Richt said. “Believe me, you can win the SEC doing it more than one way. Steve Spurrier, when he was at Florida, he chunked the ball, and he won how many SECs?”

And then the temperature rose a little bit more.

“I see your frustration, I understand your frustration,” Richt said, politely but sternly. “I wasn’t born yesterday, I’ve coached football for 25 years, so I know what the hell I’m doing, OK?”


You can read the entire story here, including what the fan said to raise Richt's ire.

The moment was reminiscent of a couple instances last December in the lead-up to the Liberty Bowl: First, when the normally polite Richt dropped a "damn" in a press conference, and second, when he defended his record by pointing out he was one of the top five active coaches in terms of winning percentage.

1 comment:

tim mcfadden said...

I love it, from both the fan and Richt. I've been waiting on this for years. It's time the fans and the coaches and players get real with each other! Speak the truth!