My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Travis Leslie to forego senior year, stay in NBA draft

That didn't take long. A week after announcing he would "test the waters" of the NBA draft, Travis Leslie announced through UGA on Tuesday that he would be staying in the draft. He will not return for his senior year at Georgia.

The decision, along with the same one last week by Trey Thompkins, puts the Bulldog men's basketball team in a bit of a transitional year in 2011-12.

“After talking it over with my family, I have decided that I will forgo my senior year and enter into the NBA Draft,” Leslie said in a statement released by UGA. “I would like to thank UGA for giving me the opportunity, as well as Coach Fox and the staff in helping me to improve my game. Last but not least, I’d like to thank the Georgia fans for their support over the past three years.”

Leslie, a junior, averaged 14.4 points and 7.2 rebounds last year, second to Thompkins on the team in both categories.

The 6-foot-4 Leslie is attractive to NBA scouts because of his athleticism. But he's no guarantee to be a first-round pick. His outside shooting ability is a concern.

“It was my pleasure to coach Travis,” Georgia head coach Mark Fox said in a statement. “It has been a real joy to see him develop as a player the past couple of seasons. He has made a decision to pursue his dream and we wish him nothing but the best.”

3 comments:

taylor said...

dumb

Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember Jumaine Jones. Wonder who is giving the advice. I remember him in tears at the NBA draft years ago. I wish them both the best of luck.

Anonymous said...

not good for the dawgs