My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday Links (10/8)

Before we get into the links, I did want to clear up something that was debated a bit yesterday.

I posted some numbers that compared Georgia's recruiting rankings during the past few years with its current status in the polls. I thought it was information worth sharing. But I want to be perfectly clear here: I am in no way whatsoever advocating that those numbers mean Mark Richt needs to be fired.

I'd urge anyone who is unsure about that to read this post I wrote over the summer. I promise, I haven't changed my mind on the issue any.

OK, now to some other readings...

-- I wrote a story last season looking at Georgia's huge uptick in penalties following the '07 Celebration but I was curious how those numbers might look today. Luckily Dean Legge at Scout was one step ahead of me and crunched the numbers himself.

-- There was a good bit of consternation about Mark Richt's comments on the special teams yesterday, but Rex Robinson, who knows Blair Walsh well, is downright angry about it. (h/t Jeff H.)

-- Chris Low is among the ESPNers who think Tennessee comes out with a victory this week.

-- Catfish & Cornbread have some serious questions about what's going on with the Georgia football team. I'll see what I can do about tracking down a few answers.

-- You know, I try to do a little research that helps out the Bulldogs faithful and now look... it gets into the wrong hands! As if Syracuse didn't have enough problems, apparently my work is food for thought for Big East rival South Florida now.

-- A late-season slump by the White Sox could keep Gordon Beckham from winning the AL Rookie of the Year award.

-- The SEC will be a part of the Gator Bowl starting next season and Georgia Sports Blog looks at some of the other bowl changes.

-- Rocky Top Talk takes the time to list Georgia's record of atrocities committed against Tennessee. It's a good read.

-- Vols in the Fall takes a closer look at the Georgia-Tennessee rivalry over the years.

-- With all the talk of UGA and Georgia Tech opening at the Dome in 2011, Bubba N Earl smelled a rat -- or a dragon, as the case may be.

(Side note, the B&E theory reminded me of this...










"Ah, that should provide adequate sustenance for the Dr. Who marathon.")

-- OK, here's a lot of entertainment for your dollar -- First, an Alabama student posts a video ragging on Ole Miss about the upcoming game. Then an Ole Miss student responds with his own video. And finally, the news report about threats against the Alabama student's life. Ah, good times. (h/t Andrew C.)

-- Holy crud I am angry I wasn't there for this -- Chris Cornell and Jerry Cantrell joined Pearl Jam on stage in L.A. this week for an impromptu Temple of the Dog reunion and played "Hunger Strike." Ah, the '90s. It was a simpler time.

-- We're just three weeks away from new episodes of "Friday Night Lights" and Sporting News takes a look behind the scenes of the upcoming season.

-- And finally, with the Jim & Pam wedding set for tonight on "The Office," the Chicago Tribune looks back at some of the highlights of the relationship.

5 comments:

BulldawgJosh said...

absolute classic simpsons reference.

Anonymous said...

Taylor Foytenberry? Seriously?

Anonymous said...

Hey Terrance, love your blog.

Hobnail_Boot said...

The internet is ridiculous.

I've been watching Alice in Chains videos for a half hour now, just because I followed one link.

FWIW, I doubt I'll ever like any duo better than Staley/Cantrell.

Oh yeah, Georgia football.

David Hale said...

I think "I Stay Away" is the best song of the grunge era, FWIW.