My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another football commitment

Georgia has added a bit of an under-the-radar recruit to its commitment list.

Linebacker Ramik Wilson of Tampa, Fla., committed to the Bulldogs on Sunday after visiting Athens over the weekend, according to Fletcher Page, reporting for Dawgpost.com. (That's a pay story, FYI.)

Wilson is a 6-foot-3, 218-pound inside linebacker who also had scholarship offers from Rutgers, Purdue and Texas Tech.

That gives Georgia 18 commitments, with perhaps the biggest names still undecided (Isaiah Crowell, Ray Drew, Jay Rome, Malcolm Mitchell and John Jenkins.) Cornerback Damian Swann of Atlanta added his name to the commitment list on Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are still awaiting word on a trio of juniors who are considering entering the NFL draft. Monday was supposed be an unofficial deadline because of the first day of classes, but those have been canceled because of the weather.

I've gotten a lot of questions about what I think the juniors will do. I don't like to speculate, so I'll just say this: Last month I issued the following percentages on each that they would leave, and based on the (scant) information I have at the moment, I’ll say it holds:

- Justin Houston: 75 percent.
- Brandon Boykin: 30 percent.
- Cordy Glenn: 40 percent.

No comments: