My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Request for the ol' Mailbag

OK, time for another one. Please post your questions below and they'll be answered in a blog post later today. Or feel free to e-mail me at semerson@macon.com

One request: Please don't ask if I think a certain recruit is going to choose Georgia. I'll just answer those right now: I think Georgia leads for Isaiah Crowell, Ray Drew and John Jenkins, but you never know with high school kids.

On another note, that being the issue of a certain poster and his (or her) very long, very critical rants: For those wanting a ban, I hear ya and feel your frustration. The problem is that unless a comment is vulagar, abusive or libelous, I can't really delete it. There also isn't the ability to ban someone based on an IP address. That may change in the future, but not now.

As I've said before, the best solution is just to ignore him. I know that's difficult, but I hope people can try.

I do appreciate everybody continuing to visit the blog - my web people told me a web-hit stat the other day that warmed my heart - and I don't want to lose anybody. But I hope you can see that my hands are sort of tied on this one.

In any event, let's do the mailbag. Fire away.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read an article about Herschel Walker mentioning that he's spoken with Richt and McGarity about wanting to get involved with helping the program. Have you heard about this, and do you have any insight or guesses as to what specifically that could entail?

Greg said...

Is tonight's UGA-UF bball game going to be televised on any of ESPN's networks? I live in Massachusetts but want to watch the game.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your continued updates to this blog, as a Colorado resident, this site is my link to Georgia Sports and find myself checking it several times a day for new updates.

Stevie Buckets said...

I know it's early, but how close is tonight's Florida game to a must-win?

NYDawg said...

Will the new O Line coach most likely also be the "running game coordinator" or will Bryan McClendon take on that roll? It seems like a good opportunity to bring some new life into that area of the offense.

Anonymous said...

After the Stafford and Moreno years I assumed the program would be two and a half years away from competing at a high level again. I figured Joe Cox was a nice guy but not an SEC quality QB (when was the last time a secondary said "nice guy, maybe we shouldn't pick him off this week"?). As for this year, the majority of the fan based all assumed a young QB would be the death of us (joke was on us, right?). So as some one much better versed in this subject than I, can you tell me...should I still be optimistic that the team will start to "click" at some point next season? Or should I just start my count down over again?

Anonymous said...

How would you rate the gameday atmosphere at stegeman this year compared to other SEC venues; is the student section as large as other schools?
Follow Up: What are your thoughts regarding the renovations?

Anonymous said...

If we don't get Jenkins, what is the solution at nose tackle? You don't have to look any further than the Alabama defense this year versus last year to understand what a difference a dominant guy makes in that spot.

Anonymous said...

Is there any truth to the rumor that Coach Lakatos once stomped a man to death at a cock fight?

Chris said...

So this is a bit premature, but watching the younger guys play a good bit on Saturday against Mississippi State, I got to wondering how the future looks for the program? It's obvious that Mark Fox didn't come to have one good year in Athens. Some of the young guys looked promising, granted it was against a Bizarro-Bulldog team that had probably quit. Who do you see as next year's leaders for the hoop Dawgs, and how big do you anticipate Kentavious Caldwell's role will be?

Anonymous said...

Before I start, I am hetero, married w 2 kids, and I love football more than I should....That said, is there anyway we could get more coverage of the Gymdawgs? Not just that they won or where they are ranked, but maybe an update from the coaches now and then?

matt b. said...

Seth,

If you were a tree, which tree would you be?

Anonymous said...

Does your dog chase your cat?

Anonymous said...

Anon 12:10. Obviously, the wife and kids are a facade. Give it up and join the gay parade. Seriously, the gym dogs.....

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the blog daily. Just wondering if you cover any of Perno and the Baseball team. Oh yeah and go Dawgs tonight...suck it gators