My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Boykin and Glenn to return for senior years

Georgia got some good news from two of its juniors on Wednesday night. Now it awaits word on one more big name.

Brandon Boykin and Cordy Glenn have elected to return for their senior years, according to UGA. Boykin, a cornerback and kick returner, and Glenn, a guard, had both submitted their name to the NFL draft advisory board.

That leaves linebacker Justin Houston as the lone remaining Bulldog contemplating the jump to the pros. If he leaves, he would join A.J. Green, who declared for the draft on Sunday. If Houston stays, he would join Boykin, Glenn, and tackle Trinton Sturdivant, who made his decision to stay public last week.

(Kicker Blair Walsh and punter Drew Butler also submitted their names, but made clear before the season ended they intended to return.)

Here are statements by Boykin, Glenn and head coach Mark Richt, according to the release by UGA:

Boykin: “After meeting with my family and coaches, I was able to put a lot of things into perspective. First of all, I want to be part of getting Georgia back into the championship hunt. Coming back will also give me a chance to get my degree before entering the draft and another year of experience will only make me a better player as well.”

Glenn: “I want to come back for several reasons including helping our team get back on track to where we want to be. Coming back will also give me a chance to improve my draft stock and get closer to my degree which is important to me and my family.”

Richt: “This is exciting news for Georgia and for Brandon and Cordy. I think they have both made wise decisions for the right reasons and will be important senior leaders for us this coming year. We’re recruiting 24/7 right now but these two are a big part of our ‘recruiting class.’”

1 comment:

Streit said...

Seth, any word on how the offensive line will shake out next season. With Sturdivant and Glenn back on the left side and Jones back at center, only the right side is in question. Obviously Gates will take one spot, but will it be at guard or tackle. And who do you think will fall into the other starting position?