My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thompkins and Leslie make no excuses

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Trey Thompkins said his shin wasn't bothering him. Travis Leslie said he wasn't sick. The two Georgia stars both said they just had bad nights after a 66-60 loss to No. 14 Kentucky.

Thompkins scored a season-low nine points, going 2-for-10 from the field and missing all five 3-point attempts. Leslie had five points, all from the free throw line. He was 0-for-7 from the field.

Thompkins, the junior forward, was wearing a shin guard to protect his right shin, which he said he had "a little problem" with on Friday. But he answered "not at all" when asked if it affected his play on Saturday.

“No I’m fine," Thompkins said. "I was just a little off today.”

Leslie was offering no excuses either.

“I was feeling good coming into the game. I really don’t know what happened," Leslie said. "My shot wasn’t falling. I just wasn’t on my game today.”

Head coach Mark Fox said that he felt he had to ride his two stars.

“Those two kids have made so many plays for us, and been very consistent," Fox said. "I think they combined to be 2-for-17 tonight. You have to credit Kentucky’s defense first. But they’ve been so good that they deserve to play through a tough night. We just couldn’t get either one of them going.

"When Travis misses a lob at the rim you just know it’s not his night. It’s hard for us to win when those two kids are both having tough nights like they did today.”

I'll more comments from the players and Fox in the game story, which should be on the web in the next few hours.

No comments: