My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sturdivant returning for senior year

Georgia is getting at least one junior offensive lineman back.

Tackle Trinton Sturdivant confirmed Friday that he has elected to return for his senior year, after looking into entering the NFL draft.

“I decided for awhile now but I kept it quiet because I wanted to really weigh my options.” Sturdivant said. “And I didn’t want to throw anything out there and regret it in the end.”

Sturdivant came on in the latter portion of this season after missing the 2008 season, and then all but the opener of 2009, with consecutive knee surgeries. He said he hoped another healthy season will improve his NFL draft stock.

“Hopefully it will. You never know what God has in store for you. But that’s what a lot of people are telling me,” Sturdivant said.

Georgia is also waiting to hear what decision junior guard Cordy Glenn makes. Sturdivant said he had not spoken to Glenn, then added with a laugh that if he had “I wouldn’t tell y’all what they were thinking.”

As for Sturdivant, he said he thought hard about his decision, and ultimately decided that “everything’s good with Georgia except for the record.”

Sturdivant also had one more thought on the future of his team.

“I hope we get good recruits, and go Dogs,” he said.

UPDATE: Georgia head coach Mark Richt released a statement in reaction to Sturdivant's return:

“We’re obviously excited with Trinton’s decision. He’ll be an important part of our team and will also have an opportunity for some individual recognition as well.”

No comments: