My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Glenn talks about Searels leaving, and his pro decision

A few weeks ago the question was whether Cordy Glenn would be at Georgia next year to play for offensive line coach Stacy Searels. On Saturday, Glenn was still in Athens, being asked about the departure of Searels.

Searels left for the same job at Texas on Thursday, less than two weeks after Glenn elected to pass on the NFL and return for his senior season.

“He just told me that he loved me and wished us the best. And it was a business decision,” Glenn said of his conversation with Searels. “He had to do what was best for him and his family. I respect him. It’s a business, at the end of the day.”

Glenn was asked if, after consulting with Searels during his pro decision, it bothered him that he wouldn’t be playing for him.

“It’s really out of my hands,” Glenn said. “I’m positive that coach (Mark) Richt would bring in someone great for us, that I just want to play football. I just want to play football, I really don’t care who the coach is, I just want to play.”

Meanwhile, Glenn said he might see a position switch: He has been a guard for most of his career, starting every game there in 2010. But he started four games at tackle in 2009.

“I’ll play a little tackle this year,” Glenn said. “We’ll see how the season goes.”

Trinton Sturdivant – who also decided to return after considering the NFL – is likely to be the left tackle. Glenn and cornerback Brandon Boykin were each made available to the media before Saturday’s Georgia men’s basketball game.

Boykin said the feedback he got from the NFL draft advisory board was “pretty much what I expected. He didn’t want to get into specifics.

“At the end of the day I know it’s kind of a vague grade,” Boykin said. “So basically it’s your decision to make, based on what’s best for you. … I can’t speak for Cordy, there were basically a lot more pros to coming back to school.”

Boykin said he’s set to graduate in December. Glenn said he would be close to graduating then.

“I just wanted to make a wise decision,” Glenn said. “Everybody … that’s their dream, that’s why they’re playing football, to go to the NFL. But it’s not going anywhere.”

No comments: