My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Richt Releases Moody

Georgia has released linebacker Dexter Moody from scholarship, according to Scout's Dean Legge (subscription required). I'm working on tracking down some more info on this, but given that Richt has repeatedly that he only pulls scholarships for behavior issues, I think we can safely assume what the problem was.

Moody was one of two ECI players headed to UGA this summer, along with RB Washaun Ealey.

UPDATE: Athens' Marc Weiszer has quotes from Moody's coach in his blog today. Something tells me if the rumors people are spreading were true, the coach wouldn't be so pleasant in his discussion. Remember folks, in the age of the Internet and message boards, you REALLY can't believe everything you hear.

UPDATE: TotalUGA has an exclusive interview with Moody himself explaining the situation. Note: This is subscription only.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it happened before he could get arrested in Athens.

I wish he had done whatever it was he did a couple of days before signing day.

Oh well, Kiffin will probably take him.

Anonymous said...

DH,
Do you know if we will offer that scholarship to someone else, or just leave it open for next year's signing class? I wouldn't mind seeing a Prep-school/Junior college RB or DE filled with that scholarship...

David Hale said...

I would just be guessing at this point, but I expect that it'll just go in Richt's pocket for a walk-on or something like that. UGA already has available scholarships due to the underclassmen leaving, so if there was a JuCo guy they liked, they would have already offered him. Having said that, we'll get to talk to Richt tomorrow at practice, so I'll have more substantive detail then.

Anonymous said...

"Hey, Coach Turner."

"Yes, Suzanne."

"There is a man on the phone screaming at me. I cannot understand much, but I think he wants to talk to you. Says his name is Orgron, bibbity-poppity poo blin dong Wild Boy! ARRGGGGGHHHH!"