My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cox's Quotables

I'm transcribing quotes a little at a time, and I'll post them along with some video throughout the day. Here's some words of wisdom from Joe Cox to get you started...

On his relationship with D.J. Shockley...
"I talked to him a lot and, I don't call him and ask him tons of questions, but it's just good to have someone who's been through the same thing that you can talk to. He always asks how things are going, and if I'm struggling with something or something’s been on my mind, I'll tell him, but it's not like we have an hour-long conversation every day."

On people's expectations of Georgia this year...
"I figured a lot of questions would just be about how we're going to come back this year after losing so many guys, about everybody's expectations. Our expectations haven't changed. We know a lot of people are probably overlooking us, and that's probably the best thing for us. It's made us have a good offseason, and we're looking to keep rolling on through into camp and through the season."

On adapting to his new role of starting QB...
"It's just been a little more responsibility, but as far as me feeling any pressure, being in a leadership role, that hasn't bothered me. It really hasn't changed that much. The one thing that has been different is that in the summer we have to do things on our own, and I've had to coordinate everything but that's just a lot of little things."

On whether he ever considered a transfer...
"I never thought about leaving. When I signed to come to Georgia, it was for good, and I love everything about the school. No matter what happened, even if Matthew would have come back, I wouldn't have regretted anything. I've made too many good friends, had too many good times and having been part of this team to just pack up and go somewhere else."

On beating Tim Tebow and Florida...
"Every team has a star, and you've got to find ways to win. He's going to go down as probably one of the best college quarterbacks ever, but you still have to play them, and we're going to try to find a way to win."

On the Oklahoma State game...
"A lot of people are saying that might be the toughest Georgia opener ever. We're looking forward to it. It's a great test for us, and it's going to be one of our biggest games of the season."

No comments: