My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Links (11/17)

Quick administrative note: Postings will probably be a bit lighter this week than normal due to the bye. Georgia will hold full practices Wednesday and Thursday only, with press availability coming Tuesday and Wednesday (or at least that's the word right now). I'll probably tailor my blog posts accordingly.

On to today's links...

-- For me, this sports weekend was the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY. By the way, for any of you downtrodden Bulldogs fans, I cannot recommend enough that you click on the "Greg Robinson through the years" story. I promise it will make you feel better.

-- Chip Towers gets you prepped for the men's hoops team's preseason NIT trip.

-- Tim Tucker has some interesting bowl notes in his Sunday notebook.

-- The AP says Georgia is lucky to be where it is right now. I'd say it took a lot of bad luck to get the Dawgs to this point. See, it's all about perspective.

-- Total UGA has Mark Richt's quotes from his Sunday teleconference. I'll have more from Richt late tonight after his Touchdown Club meeting in Macon.

-- Dawg-gone Blog has a pretty simple synopsis of Auburn in his latest post.

-- Fanblogs takes a look at the state of being a Georgia fan.

-- The Banner-Herald's Roger Clarkson says he feels a bit unfulfilled after the win at Auburn. I think that's probably a sentiment shared by many. The reason, I think, is that this has been an unfulfilling season. It just has. The expectations were through the roof, and Georgia really never came close to acheiving them. But I think if you take a step back, if you forget everything you thought you knew before the season, it's actually been a pretty fun year to watch.

This season has had everything. You've gotten to watch three of the best skill position players to play on one offensive unit since the Steve Spurrier days at Florida. You've gotten to enjoy wins over rivals like Tennessee and Kentucky. You've gotten to watch some exceptional seniors like Mo Massaquoi and Corvey Irvin flourish in their final year at Georgia. Yes, it's been trying. The arrests, the injuries -- but wouldn't it be just as easy to applaud the Bulldogs' ability to overcome the immense adversity to still be poised to finish 11-2 for the second straight year?

If I were a Georgia fan, I would probably look at the past two games and be a bit queasy, too. But as an objective observer, I can tell you that those were two fun football games to watch. As college fans, I think we all have a tendency to want everything to be pretty. Being a Georgia fan definitely hasn't been that this season. But that doesn't mean it hasn't been an extremely memorable season anyway.

No comments: