My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Panic Time

I don't think anyone was expecting the post-SEC title season to be a walk in the park, but I think most people were hoping for a bit more than this.

I was cautiously optimistic about this year's Bulldogs. I figured they had some good athletes, decent balance and a bunch of young talent -- even if they didn't have much experience.

And it's true that Trey Thompkins hasn't played a minute yet and Albert Jackson and Terrance Woodbury aren't at 100 percent yet.

But a 21-point loss to a midling Horizon League team that lost its first game to Division II Rockhurst? That's not good.

I watched Kentucky drop games to Gardner Webb and San Diego early last year, then rebound to have a decent enough season, so perhaps hope isn't lost. But Dennis Felton has already lamented what he thinks may be "too tough" a non-conference schedule, and if the Bulldogs head into SEC with five or six losses already under their belt, it's easy to see this season getting out of hand very quickly.

No comments: