My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

John Jenkins vs. John Jenkins

John Jenkins, one of Georgia's top football recruits, doesn't arrive on campus until May. But Bulldog fans who really want to see a John Jenkins don't have to wait: Vanderbilt's basketball team visits tomorrow, and its John Jenkins happens to be leading the SEC in scoring.

The football-playing Jenkins was aware of his basketball namesake. ("I see his name on Google and Scout.com.") They've never met, but here’s how the two stack up:

Full name
Jenkins, Georgia …. Jonathan Jermaine Jenkins
Jenkins, Vandy …… John Logan Jenkins III

Nicknames
Jenkins, Georgia …. Big John, T.J. (father’s name is Tom)
Jenkins, Vandy …… Johnny J

Height
Jenkins, Georgia … 6-4
Jenkins, Vandy ….. 6-4

Weight
Jenkins, Georgia … 340
Jenkins, Vandy ….. 220

Academic year
Jenkins, Georgia … Sophomore
Jenkins, Vandy ….. Sophomore

Birthdate
Jenkins, Georgia …. July 11, 1989
Jenkins, Vandy …… March 6, 1991

Birthplace
Jenkins, Georgia ….. Stamford, Conn.
Jenkins, Vandy …….Nashville, Tenn.

Favorite color
Jenkins, Georgia ….. None (“I just don’t have one”)
Jenkins, Vandy …….Blue

Favorite TV show
Jenkins, Georgia …. Tie between “Martin” and “Fresh Prince of Bel Air”
Jenkins, Vandy …… “Fresh Prince of Bel Air”

Favorite movie

Jenkins, Georgia ….. “The Expendables”
Jenkins, Vandy …… “Friday”

Inspiration pregame music
Jenkins, Georgia ….. DMX, Waka Flocka Flame, Gucci Mane, Notorious BIG, Jay-Z
Jenkins, Vandy …… Any rap music

Did you ever play the other sport?
Jenkins, Georgia: ”Basketball was my first sport actually. I felt like I had a better future in football.”
Jenkins, Vandy: “Yes, in the 5th grade, I was a linebacker.”

What would he say if he ever met the other John Jenkins?
Jenkins, Georgia: “What’s up, I guess?”
Jenkins, Vandy: “You’ve got a cool name.”

(My thanks to Vanderbilt sports information office for speaking to its Jenkins, and to Georgia's Jenkins for answering his phone and humoring me).

5 comments:

MassachusettsDawg said...

Locka Flocka? Goochie Man? Man you are out of touch with today's youth huh Seth lol. It should read Waka Flocka as in Waka Flocka Flame and Gucci Mane, not Goochie Man. If you need anymore help with anything else let me know haha

Anonymous said...

I'm 19 and have no idea who those things, people, or bands are??? don't feel bad seth.

Anonymous said...

I love that their favorite show is Fresh Prince. They had to be like 4 when that came out.

Sanford Dawgman said...

One of the best posts I've read on here in a while...Keep up the good work Seth.

Bulldawg said...

Silly post Seth.

You mean to tell me there was nothing UGA sports related to report on? Nothing?

Instead you give us something that has absolutely no relevance to anything. Just plain silly.