My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dawgs to Watch No. 4: Ramarcus Brown

It has been five years since Ramarcus Brown arrived at Georgia, and he doesn't exactly have a extended reel of highlight footage. He has started just nine games in his career and made just 10 tackles last season.

Brown, however, doesn't judge his career in terms of those numbers. He prepares for every game as much as any of the starters, so when his opportunity does come, he's ready.

"Wherever I'm playing, I don't know," Brown said of his role. "How coach rotates the defensive backs and special teams, whenever I get my chance, I'll give it my all at all."

Last season, one of those chances came during Georgia's Sugar Bowl victory over Hawaii. Brown, who returned just two kicks all year, fielded a kickoff and bounded 90 yards on the return.

This year, he still trails teammate Asher Allen on the depth chart both at kick returner and cornerback but he's still preparing for another big play.

After all, Brown said, his preparation might be where he has his biggest impact.

Brown is the only senior cornerback on Georgia's roster, and while he may not be the starter, he said he knows his role is to show the younger players how to prepare for the job.

"I just try to do everything the right way, so the younger guys can pick up," Brown said. "Whatever the coaches ask me to do, I'm going to do it 100 miles an hour."

This season, Brown's biggest asset will be the experience he has gained through five years of going 100 miles an hour. He'll serve as understudy once again, but when he gets his shot, he knows he's ready to make something big happen. The hard work will pay off eventually, just as it did against Hawaii.

"Play hard, play fast and give it my all," Brown said. "That's all you can ask for."

1 comment:

Hobnail_Boot said...

All I know is he saved a TD against VaTech in the CFA Bowl when he ran down Eddie Royal from behind on a kick return.

That is some SERIOUS speed.