Welcome to the start of your final non-football work week, folks. I'm excited to get back into a routine of writing about what's happening on the field, and I cannot wait for the season to kick off.
Couple quick notes:
- Barber and Lynch both went way earlier than expected in my fantasy draft and I ended up with Frank Gore with my first pick. Now I have an RB from an offense featuring JT O'Sullivan as its starting QB. That can't be a good sign.
- Georgia head coach Mark Richt said he hoped to have all depth chart issues figured out by today, so I hope to have that info for you this evening.
- The SEC is holding a teleconference for media this afternoon to announce a deal with ESPN. I'll have that info for you, too, at the conclusion of the conference.
On to today's links...
* Fanblogs wonders if Georgia would get all this hype if it weren't a BCS team. I say that's a stupid question. If the Dawgs weren't a BCS team, they wouldn't have six top-25 teams on their schedule.
* USA Today has a story about wood vs. aluminum bats that features Gordon Beckham.
* The Sporting News previews the Bulldogs.
* Interesting post from Bleacher Report on why "system QBs" fail in the NFL.makes his BCS predictions. I'll have my own later this week, which will be sure to be nowhere close to accurate.