My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/bulldogs-blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 11, 2010

King practices, but no further word

There was no word on Caleb King's status after Monday's practice, so the only thing we learned is the junior tailback did practice, after spending nearly six hours in jail earlier in the day.

"He was out there," said freshman Ken Malcome, who could have his redshirt taken off this weekend at Vanderbilt if King is held out. Carlton Thomas missed the Tennessee game with a hamstring.

When asked about King's status, Malcome said: "I'm not sure. Coach's decision."

Another tailback, Washaun Ealey, also deferred to Richt on King's status.

“I’m just gonna practice as if I have to take all the carries,” Ealey said. “I’ll practice as if I have to take on a big load on my back this week. Hopefully I can just go out there and be a team player and help my team to a win this week.”

Richt did not announce any discipline for King on his radio show. In three previous cases since August - arrests of Ealey, Alec Ogletree and Demetre Baker - Richt announced discipline the same day.

No comments: